Admin

Welcome to Bonita Springs Elementary

Our school is the only property in Bonita Springs currently listed on the National Registry of Historic Places and a State Historic marker is displayed in front of the building. The one story portion of this brick school was built in 1921 as a three-room schoolhouse.

Life at the young school was quaint and fairly rural. Fencing was placed around the premises to keep out the free ranging cattle that roamed the area. Initially the school had no electricity but to the delight of the students, it did have indoor plumbing.

In 1927 the school expanded with the addition of a two story building and auditorium. The separate structures were united in the early 1940's and as early as 1948 the school had a lunchroom with a kitchen. The current cafeteria/auditorium was added around 1964

What's Happening

Welcome Mr. Cooper!
Welcome Mr. Cooper!
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Cooper ...
c
BSE Earns a School Grade A
School Grade A
Bonita Springs Elementary Earns a School Grade A ...
c